Hot Tech Tools for Classroom and Beyond - Some for testing, some for studying, some just for fun!
List by Pamela Thompson, LMS, Col. John O. Ensor Middle School, El Paso USD; @PThompson_EMS ; http://booksbypamelathompson.blogspot.com/
It’s a little different today – a list of new digital tools you might want to explore to keep your practice fresh for the rest of this busy year. Keep kids attention and WOW teachers with new ideas. Just a list – keeping it simple for you today. That leaves you time to try them out!
- Flubaroo - Use with Google docs; self-grading tests, send reports, and best of all, email students their grades. Save time grading. Flubaroo does it for you!
- EdShelf - Get a free account; extensive collection of apps, web links, lessons that teachers can use and add content of their own. A great place for ideas!
- InfoGram - Create charts and infograms for free.
- Gameroom - Games for kids from the CDC; interactive learning
- GeoGuesser - Students can play in single or challenge mode; guess their location using blank world map and photo. Great fun!
- Big Huge Labs - Free site to make your photos into amazing things! Movie posters, puzzles, mosaics, special filters.
- FotoBabble - Create talking photos and slideshows. Add a message to photos.
- Flashcard Machine - create flashcards to study for your next exam; share them with students, friends or study groups.
- Funbrain - games to hone math and reading skills; fun!
- ImageChef - Choose a photo/image and add your own words; share to Twitter or Facebook.